Like every service operator, we also capture, process and use data as part of our service of offering tourist services online via the internet and mobile applications (the “Service”).
The protection of your personal data as a part of all the services we provide is very important to us. Therefore, we gather process and use your personal data exclusively in accordance with the applicable legal regulations.
In this privacy statement we explain how we handle your personal data as part of your use of our website.
The party responsible for data protection is Tip and Trips, S.L.., Calle Pintor José Aguiar, 2. 38001, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain (“Tip and Trips” or “we”) as well as those companies affiliated with Tip and Trips, to whom you have given the appropriate consent for the use of your personal data.
We reserve the right to adjust the content of this privacy statement from time to time. It is therefore advisable to periodically review this privacy statement.
We commit ourselves to observe the applicable data protection laws, in particular, the provisions of the Spanish Data Protection Act (“Ley de Protección de Datos”).
We collect, process and use your personal data only with your consent or when this processing or use is permissible by law. We only process or use the data which is required for using the site or the data which you provide to us.
Personal data is specific information about personal or factual circumstances regarding an identified or identifiable natural person, in accordance with the Spanish Data Protection Act (“Ley Orgánica 3/2018, de 5 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos Personales y garantía de los derechos digitales”). This includes information such as your name, your address and email address or your phone number.
Processing and Using Your Data
We collect, process and use the personal data you provided to us when you registered for our membership area, to the extent required, for the following purposes:
Registration and Execution of the Contract
– Data that you provide when setting up an account, such as your name, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, postal address and the information provided depending on the services used.
– We collect, process and use transaction data relating to your activities on the websites (such as purchases and content which you generate or associate with your account).
– Billing and other data which you specify for the purchase.
– Data which is transmitted as part of community discussions, reviews, chats and correspondence on the website or by email, fax or postal mail.
– Other personal data which we ask you for.
– If you voluntarily provide us with additional personal data during the registration process, this will also be used these to implement the conditions of use. All personal data collected during registration will be stored by us for as long as the user’s registration is active. This is subject to our General Terms and Conditions.
– If the user shares personal data for the purpose of establishing contact, we will store this data only for as long as it is required for the purpose of communication, customer contact and project planning and implementation. Once the personal data is no longer required by us for these purposes, it will be immediately deleted.
Additionally, we collect anonymous technical data, such as the name of your internet service provider, internet browser and operating system, screen resolution and information about the web-sites that directed you to us, the number and date of your visits, your average time on our site and which of our websites you visited. This data is stored automatically. The evaluation is done anonymously and exclusively for statistical purposes with the goal of continuing to improve our web presence for you.
Transfer of Personal Data
Tip and Trips will not share your personal data with third parties, unless you have previously given your express permission or unless the transmission is required or permissible by law. We will in particular not sell or otherwise market your data to third parties. Transfers of data to government institutions and authorities is done only within the scope of mandatory national legal requirements. Our employees and partners are obligated by us to maintain secrecy and to comply with legal data protection regulations.
Cookies and Google Analytics
– A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer and which allows an analysis of your use of the website. With this cookie, we store only each random session and the serial number of your visit.
– You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) from being sent to Google and the data from being processing by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
– Info@tipandtrips.com uses the Google service Google Maps (“Google Maps API”) which provides you with more information. Certain data may be transmitted to Google when it is being used, but this is done anonymously.
Use of Data for Marketing Purposes / Consent
Based on your declaration of consent, Tip and Trips processes and uses your personal data when applicable for marketing activities, such as for sending emails with general information or advertising information (newsletters).
We wish to obtain the following declaration of consent from you:
I agree that every week, Info@tipandtrips.com will send me exciting travel tips, city guides and top offers by email. You may revoke this consent with Tip and Trips at any time without observing any form (for example, by telephone or by email).
You can revoke your declarations of consent with us with future effect at any time. Additionally, if we use your personal information as permissible by law, for example for marketing activities by mail, you may object to this use.
All that is necessary in both cases is to send an email to the following address: email@example.com
Data Collected from Other Sources
We may collect additional information about you from third parties in order to supplement our account information. This information may be, among other things, demographic and navigation data, credit check information and information from credit reporting agencies, to the extent legally permissible.
Your personal data will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy statement or for as long as we are required by law or legally obligated to store this information.
Right of Access, Rectification, Deletion
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge about your personal data stored with us. If your data is stored incorrectly or wrongly by us, we will gladly correct, block or delete it. Please inform us of any changes to your data immediately.
Please direct requests for information, questions, complaints or suggestions to the following address:
Tip and Trips, S.L.
Calle Pintor José Aguiar, 2
38001 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain